Center for Children and Families Program Information
CCLC and CSUSM are proud to announce the opening of the Center for Children and Families serving students, faculty and staff as well as community member in all age groups. The brand new child care Center is located at 453 La Moree, San Marcos, CA, 92078. The Center provides care for children ranging in age from 6 weeks - 5 years of age.
This exciting brand new Center provides full-time and part week schedules Monday - Friday 6AM - 7PM. The Center accommodates 182 full-time children in twelve classrooms along with a multi purpose room.
The physical address of the Center is 453 La Moree, San Marcos, CA, 92078. The Center construction provides a new and unique environment that meets children's developmental needs as well as exceeds the current national and state safety standards for a child care center. There are multiple large play yards with separate areas for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers that are designed to provide interesting experiences for children as well as to support an outdoor curriculum.
Director: Francesca Gallozzi
Kathy Shaw, Chrystal Aragon
Sherie Cambra, Libby Badr, Lindsay Ward
Jr. Pre-School teachers
Cindy Accurso, Kelly McHugh-Gastelum
Melissa Mitchell, Brittany Lawless, Jamie Friedman, Jodie Ciombor
Cathy Bolen, Jodie Ciombor
Floater: Mary Green
Kitchen Supervisor/Cook: Tammy Treadway
Meet the Director
Center Director, Francesca Gallozzi holds a Master of Arts degree from Columbia University Teacher’s College in Early Childhood Curriculum/Teaching and a Bachelor of Arts from Tufts University where she majored in Child Studies. Most recently she worked as an Administrator (Director) for Santa Fe Montessori School in Solana Beach, CA. Francesca is a versatile educator with 20 years of experience in administration and teaching, as well as, leading and facilitating countless parent seminars.
Francesca resides in Carlsbad with her husband and two children.
Center Quality & Features
- NAEYC Standards: The Center for Children and Families will offer a high-quality, developmentally appropriate curriculum with low teacher / child ratios. The Center is set up to meet and in some cases exceed the accreditation standards set by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) -- a highly regarded child development organization. NAEYC standards are only achieved by 8% of all 110,000 programs nationally. The Center will apply for NAEYC accreditation when eligible, after one year of operation.
- Low Ratios: The Center will operate with low teacher to child ratios and small group sizes. This allows our teaching staff to focus more on small group and individual needs of each child.
Here is a comparison between CCLC and State requirements:
Teacher to Child Ratio & Group Size Comparison Infant 6wks - approx. 12 months Toddler 13mo. - 24mo. Junior Preschool 24mo. - 36mo. Preschool 3yrs - 4 yrs Pre-Kindergarten 4yrs - 5 yrs Jr. Kindergarten 4.5yrs - 5 yrs CCLC Ratios State Ratios CCLC Group Sizes State Group Sizes 1:3
- Guided Discovery Curriculum: The Center for Children and Families will utilize CCLC's exclusive Guided Discovery Curriculum™. CCLC incorporates physical, social, language, cognitive and emotional development. Guided Discovery is rooted in educational philosophy and theory as well as practice.
- Teaching Staff: Quality Teachers: CCLC's teaching team is comprised of Early Childhood Professionals who meet and exceed all state requirements. Some of the teaching team from the currently operated San Marcos Area schools may transfer to the new Center for Children and Families.
Our goal is to keep the teacher turnover rate at our Centers below 25%. To build a great teaching team, we pay above average salaries and offer great benefits. We look forward to introducing our teaching team and Director to the CSUSM University families as we get closer to the opening date!
- Meals: All meals and snacks are included in the cost of tuition. Our menu is developed in consultation with our in-house registered dietician to meet State and Federal nutrition guidelines, the American Dietetic Associationís guidelines and to follow the USDA's food guide pyramid for young children.
How Do I Enroll In The Center?
At this time the Center is accepting interest forms and enrolling on a first come basis. Once an interest form is received CCLC will contact families regarding availability. If there is a space available and a family accepts the space, a non-refundable deposit of $200.00 will be due in August to secure the spot. The deposit will be applied to your first months tuition and registration fees.
To participate in the enrollment process into the Center, please visit the Registration and Costs portion of the website.